We have increased the awesome in 2013 in a big way! Maker Faire North Carolina has taken it up a notch and you need to be there to experience it first hand. We have many awesome things happening all day long at Maker Faire North Carolina , you're gonna regret it if you don't come. What kind of awesome, you might ask? Well, how about this for starters?
- Lock picking workshop running all day
- Learn to solder workshop running all day
- LEGO Stop Motion with NCLUG
- Pose for a photo with a world record holding trebuchet
- Robot Battles!
- Make n' Take with The Scrap Exchange
- Crafty Creations from Bull City Craft
- Make n' Take LEGO from NCLUG
- Flights all Day with Brooklyn Aerodrome
- Bookbinding demonstrations
- Meet Photon the robot with Dino Segovis
- Stormtrooper costuming
- Thinker Linker construction
- Take a spin on the
- NC FIRST is showing off some of their frisbee throwing and climbing robots
At 1:00PM, NC Near Space will have a High Altitude Balloon Launch and you're invited! Watch the team send a ballon carrying a camera and GPS into near space and keep track of the flight in real time.
Want to get hands on and learn a new skill? We've got you covered. Come learn how to pick locks at the lockpick village. Seriously. TOOOL is going to be here, showing you how its done. You don't want to miss that!
What about all those electronics Makers are using in their projects? Want to assemble a kit but don't how to solder? We will teach you how at our Learn to Solder workshop. Not only will you learn a new skill, you'll also have a blinking robot badge to prove it.
Learn to Weave with the Durham String Thing. They will teach you how to use a simple, portable loom to weave a strap for a bracelet, and you get to take the loom home with you to use it to weave anything else you might dream up.
You've got some new skills, you're feeling the vibe and are inspired to make things yourself: now what? Make sure you drop by and talk to the folks at the Foothills Community Workshop, Hackerspace Charlotte, and Open Hardware Makerspace. Learn about what they are doing, join up with them or learn how they go started and make your own space.
Into fashion? To name a few, check out
- The Renegade Seamstresses
- Salvaged Jewelry
- TrendeFemme Hand-Felted Textiles
Maker Faire NC isn't just about technology, we're about MAKING. See you there!